This site is hosted at ICDSoft.
Pages are written in HTML and XML and served via the CGI protocol using
Apache. Dynamic content is created from a MySQL
database using PHP, as well as the C API wrapped in standard C++.
Much of the design of this site is based on information and library science.
These fields of study are far older than the Internet or World Wide Web.
Useful works include:
- Bella Hass Weinberg, Can You Recommend a Good Book on Indexing?:
Collected Reviews on the Organization of Information,
Information Today, Inc., 1998.
- A broad discussion of issues in information and library science, especially
those related to book indexing and related questions
- Format: a collection of book reviews
- Potentially challenging for a novice reader in these fields
- Available for purchase at
- Bella Hass Weinberg, "Complexity in indexing systems--abandonment
and failure: implications for organizing the internet," ASIS 1996 Annual
Conference Proceedings, October 19-24, 1996
- A provocative discussion of indexing and classification schemes